PMI’s global congress North America and EMEA (Europe-Middle East-Africa) are among the world's premier events for the project, program and portfolio management profession. The global congress area of focus sessions provide attendees access to cutting-edge tools and methodologies and insight into best practices applicable to a practitioners’ daily work. Area of focus speakers serve as catalysts for this knowledge transfer. Apply to be an area of focus presenter and share your unique expertise with your project, program and portfolio management colleagues across industries.
Interested individuals may submit a proposal through PMI’s call for paper online tool. The selection process is highly competitive and all abstracts undergo a blind peer review.
Click here to submit an abstract for consideration.
Submission dates for 2013 congresses
| Congress || Call opens (approximately)|| Call closes (approximately)
|EMEA 2013 || 24.00 GMT 10 October 2012|| 24.00 GMT 14 December 2012
|North America 2013 || 24.00 GMT 1 April 2013||24.00 GMT 8 May 2013||
Submission Process and Guidelines
Dates to remember:
- Create a personal profile (if you have not previously submitted a proposal) or confirm here that the information in your profile is current.
- Review the content areas at congress for North America 2013 page
- Click here to submit an abstract for consideration
Call for Papers
Anyone submitting a proposal will receive notification of the status of their submission by 31 July 2013.
- Call opens on 1 April
- Call closes on 8 May
- Submission notifications will be sent by 31 July
Selected Area of Focus Presenters
Click here to submit an abstract for consideration
- Contracts together with a 50 word biography, 50 word description and your PMI ID are due on 12 August
- White papers are due on 30 August
- Power Point presentations are due on 7 October
If selected, by meeting milestones outlined in the speaker agreement, the Institute will grant each area of focus primary speaker a complimentary registration and up to two (2) co-presenters receive a 50% discount off registration.
Note: PMI does not provide honoraria to area of focus speakers. Please plan to cover your own travel and hotel expenses and register to attend the event following the guidelines that PMI will communicate.