PMI’s global congress North America and EMEA (Europe-Middle East-Africa) are among the world's premier events for the project, program and portfolio management profession. The global congress area of focus sessions provide attendees access to cutting-edge tools and methodologies and insight into best practices applicable to a practitioners’ daily work. Area of focus speakers serve as catalysts for this knowledge transfer. Apply to be an area of focus presenter and share your unique expertise with your project, program and portfolio management colleagues across industries.
Interested individuals may submit a proposal through PMI’s call for paper online tool. The selection process is highly competitive and all abstracts undergo a blind peer review.
Click here to submit an abstract for consideration.
Submission dates for 2014 congresses
| Congress || Call opens (approximately)|| Call closes (approximately)
|EMEA 2014 || 24.00 GMT 1 November 2013|| 24.00 GMT 2 December 2013
|North America 2014 || TBD||TBD||
Submission Process and Guidelines for EMEA 2014
Dates to remember:
- Create a personal profile (if you have not previously submitted a proposal) or confirm here that the information in your profile is current.
- Review the content areas at congress for EMEA 2014 page
- Click here to submit an abstract for consideration
Call for Papers
Anyone submitting a proposal will receive notification of the status of their submission by 5 February 2014.
- Call opens on 1 November 2013
- Call closes on 2 December 2013
- Submission notifications will be sent by 5 February 2014
New this year! We encourage you to use the “Session Recording” feature which is located below the session description section of the application. Simply describe your session objectives and what attendees will gain in a recording–30 seconds or less. Click here to download instructions.
Selected Area of Focus Presenter
- Contracts together with a 50 word biography, 50 word description and your PMI ID are due on 14 February 2014
- White papers are due on 21 March 2014
- Power Point presentations are due on 18 April 2014
The above dates are subject to change.
Click here to submit an abstract for consideration
If selected, by meeting milestones outlined in the speaker agreement, the Institute will grant each area of focus primary speaker a complimentary registration and up to two (2) co-presenters receive a 50% discount off registration.
Note: PMI does not provide honoraria to area of focus speakers. Please plan to cover your own travel and hotel expenses and register to attend the event following the guidelines that PMI will communicate.